The Youth Lending Program is intended to:
- Provide a beneficial learning experience for the participant.
- Promote agricultural related programs to youth organizations.
- Enhance the visibility of the Association in the community.
Who Can Apply?
- Applicants must be at least 9 years old and up to one year after graduating high school.
- Youth must be an active member in a qualifying 4-H, FFA, Independent, or Grange chapter.
- Loans are made on a one year term basis for a maximum of $3,000 (not including interest).
- Funds provided for these loans must be used for the purchase of a market animal and those expenses associated with the project.
- The Association will not charge interest on these funds.
- All advances will be made payable to the youth.
- Upon sale of the market animal, all loan funds disbursed are due prior to the loan maturity date.
- Each youth member must submit an electronic or hard copy of their completed loan application with all questions answered where applicable. Send electronic copies to email@example.com.
- Application must be submitted no later than 60 days before the applicable fair’s official weigh in date.
- One adult, aged 18 years or older is required to co-sign on all youth loans as the primary borrower will be a minor.
- Co-signer cannot have any unsatisfied liens, judgements, or lawsuits against them. All of their taxes must be paid and up to date and they cannot have filed for bankruptcy, foreclosure, or defaulted on a loan.
For more information see our Youth Lending Program Flyer (PDF)
The Colusa-Glenn Farm Credit Youth Lending Program provides interest-free funds to youth from Colusa and Glenn Counties who participate in livestock projects in qualifying 4-H, FFA, Independent or Grange chapters. This opportunity allows the youth to learn about the importance of accurate records, budgeting and honoring obligations to repay.